[Samba] unable to configure NTP server in samba4

deepak prasad deep27ak at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 4 04:25:35 MDT 2012

Hello everyone,

I was trying to configure NTP server in my samba4 server but it's not working. I am using CentOS 6.3 (32 bit) for my samba4 server.

I installed ntp using yum and the ntp version is 4.2.4

added this line in /etc/ntp.conf
restrict mynet mssntp
signdsocketdir /data/samba/samba4/prefix/var/run/ntp_signd/

and restarted the ntpd server but my clients are not syncing with the server time

Then I removed ntp package using yum and installed the tar package of ntp from ntp.org version 4.2.6 and compiled using
--enable-ntp-signd

but after this I am not sure what to do as I don't see any ntp.conf.
Can anyone please tell me what am I suppose to do now?