[Samba] Problems installing printer drivers with samba-3.6.0

Johannes Weberhofer jweberhofer at weberhofer.at
Thu Sep 29 07:44:57 MDT 2011

Dear all,

with samba samba-3.6.0-55.1.x86_64 (openSUSE release), I can nicely upload printer-drivers using Windows XP. Unforunately I can not set any option, even the button to opten the printer settings is not there.

I could assign the uploaded printer driver to the printer via command-line:

# rpcclient -Uroot -c 'setdriver HP_LaserJet_p3010 "HP Universal Printing PS"'  HERKULES

Listening the printer via command-line gives me the excepted result, that also is reflected in the windows printer-dialog:

# rpcclient -Uroot -c 'enumprinters' HERKULES
Enter root's password:
	flags:[0x800000]
	name:[\\HERKULES\HP_LaserJet_p3010]
	comment:[HP Laserjet p3010 Serie]

But still I do not see the printer's settings-button, any ideas why?

Best regards,
Johannes

--
Johannes Weberhofer