[Samba] winXP client always requesting password change

Marco Ciampa ciampix at libero.it
Thu Sep 15 03:06:14 MDT 2011

SAMBA 3.4.8 on Debian + ldap (Windows domain)

Some users created via smbldaptools (in a school).

After summer holidays found that some (last year) accounts force you to
change the password at login.

If you change the password the sistem lanconingly warning that to enter
you have to change your password (just done!) and refuses to let you
enter...

If I delete and recreate the account, it works. Checking with smbldap or
pdbedit or net sam tools, all the tools says that the password change is
disabled and the password do not expire...

I do not know where to look for the problem...

Any hint?

--

Marco Ciampa