[Samba] Samba on freebsd - permissions issue

James D. Parra jamesp at musicreports.com
Thu Sep 8 11:36:07 MDT 2011

> I get the same results when mounting the share from Linux using
> these two different commands;
>
>  mount -t cifs //bsd-host/test2 /mnt/test2
>
> and,
>
>  mount -t cifs -o file_mode=0777,dir_mode=0777 //bsd-host/test2 /mnt/test2

try,

$ mount -t cifs -o noperm //bsd-host/test2 /mnt/test2

"noperm" means disabling access control using client side's
permission.

---
Thank you, Takahashi, for your reply. I remounted the share with the 'noperm' option and the files permission when creating a file remain the same.

-rw-r--r-- 1 nobody nobody 0 Sep  8 10:31 ztest.13.txt

I wonder why the host server is ignoring the Samba directive for setting the file permission.

Best regards,

James