[Samba] Samba (CentOS) + Windows 7 Ultimate 64 = no login

Dale Schroeder dale at BriannasSaladDressing.com
Wed Sep 7 12:21:39 MDT 2011

On 09/06/2011 2:09 PM, phpMagpie wrote:
> Update: I tried the following tutorial
> http://www.samba.org/samba/docs/man/Samba-Guide/simple.html#id2550946
>
> *I changed my smb.conf to:*
> [global]
> workgroup = WEBBEDIT
> security = SHARE
> [HTML]
> path = /var/www/html
> read only = No
> guest ok = Yes

Shortened version of what I use with 3.5.11 on Debian:

[global]
     workgroup = WEBBEDIT
     security = User
     map to guest = Bad User
     unix passwd sync = Yes

[html]
     path = /var/www/html
     read only = No
     valid users = your_login
     admin users = your_login

Ensure that your Win7, linux, and samba username and password
combinations are identical.
If this config works, you can fine tune with other parameters as needed.

Dale