[Samba] rpcclient cannot access security log on a windows2008 R2 server.

red f1sh rdfsh1 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 19 19:17:27 MDT 2011

Hi,

I'm trying to access the security log on a remote Active Directory server
using rpcclient, and I'm getting the error
"NT_STATUS_PORT_MESSAGE_TOO_LONG". It's identical to the bug found here
http://engardelinux.org/modules/index/list_archives.cgi?list=samba-users&page=0031.html&month=2011-08,
I'm just hoping there's an update or that someone has a solution.

Samba versions 3.0, 3.5.7 and 3.5.11 all give me the same error.

Thanks for the help,

Red

PS: I've tried with same 3.6.0 as well, however it doesn't seem to be able
to log in ("NT_STATUS_LOGON_FAILURE"), and I havn't been able to make much
sense of the logs.