[Samba] 3.6.0 Domain trusts broken

Alex Crow acrow at integrafin.co.uk
Fri Oct 14 06:14:33 MDT 2011

On 11/10/11 22:16, Jeremy Allison wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 11, 2011 at 06:44:18PM +0100, Alex Crow wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Since the winbind refactoring in Samba 3.6.0, interdomain trusts
>> between Samba servers seem to be broken in that being able to
>> resolve or modify file permissions on the other domain work only
>> very intermittently (eg about once out of 10 tries). This is
>> regardless of whether I use idmap_rid or idmap_ldap as the backend.
>>
>> I set up two 3.6.0 domain controllers with an XP client attached to
>> each, and trying to add permissions from the trusted domain by
>> choosing the domain and hitting the "Add" then "Advanced" buttons
>> and then the "Find Now" mostly brings up a password prompt - any
>> credentials entered here still cause the listing of
>> users/groups/security principals to fail with a "Login failure:
>> unknown name or bad password" dialog. However I can still log in to
>> either domain from XP with no issues.
> More details please. That and debug level 10 logs attached
> to a bug report in the "failing" and "succeeding" case would
> help a lot.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jeremy.

Jeremy,

Very busy lately - just saw this, thanks. I will see when I can get some
logs back to you.

Cheers again,

Alex

--
This message is intended only for the addressee and may contain
confidential information.  Unless you are that person, you may not

"Transact" is operated by Integrated Financial Arrangements plc
Domain House, 5-7 Singer Street, London  EC2A 4BQ
Tel: (020) 7608 4900 Fax: (020) 7608 5300
(Registered office: as above; Registered in England and Wales under number: 3727592)
Authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority (entered on the FSA Register; number: 190856)