[Samba] smb mount Windows 2008 \UserData to /home

Gregory Machin gdm at linuxpro.co.za
Tue Oct 11 15:27:00 MDT 2011

Hi.

We are running windows 2008R2 with AD / Likewise Open for
authentication. I have been asked if I can mount the users home
folders under UserData on the windows server into the /home directory
on a Linux server. Likewise should keep the uid and gids across both
servers. All the examples I have seen so far require mapping the
mounted folder to a fixed uid and gid .. This wouldn't work in this
case as the content is home folders that need to have their own uid
and gid .

Can it be done . If it can how ?

Thanks