[Samba] Upgrade Samba 3.0.28 to 3.6.0 problems

TAKAHASHI Motonobu monyo at monyo.com
Sat Oct 8 03:56:17 MDT 2011

On 10/06/2011 10:36 PM, Louis Kabo wrote:
> having a problem upgrading a samba installation version 3.0.28 on a
> FreeBSD 7.x server. I use samba as a PDC with roaming profiles and user
> shares.
>
> I noticed that none of the local profiles loaded, instead creating a new
> roaming profile username.V2 in the profiles directory. (windows XP
> workstation continued to complain about using a local profile as the
> server copy was unavailable)

After Windows Vista, the name of profiles directory was changed to
username.V2. That's due to Windows design change.

See http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947025/

> In addition to this on the Windows 7 workstation I could not access the
> user share that I was logged into.

I can not understand what you mean.
Probably it's because by default Windows 7 can talk only NTLMv2.

---
TAKAHASHI Motonobu <monyo at samba.gr.jp>