[Samba] Upgrade Samba 3.0.28 to 3.6.0 problems

Dale Schroeder dale at BriannasSaladDressing.com
Fri Oct 7 12:26:08 MDT 2011

Louis,

There are numerous changes (adds, deletes, and defaults) to smb.conf
between the two versions you have listed.
The one that may be causing your smbpasswd problem is the default passdb
backend has changed.
If you wish to continue using smbpasswd instead of the default tdb, you
have to explicitly declare

     passdb backend = smbpasswd

Check here for changelogs: http://www.samba.org/samba/history/

Dale