[Samba] Swat not showing samba processes

CJ Keist cj.keist at colostate.edu
Wed Nov 30 16:53:39 MST 2011

Just install Samba 3.5.9 with no issues.  I have swat setup and can
connect to the web gui.  Problem is that when I start smbd and nmbd from
the web gui, swat still shows that processes are not running. But in
fact on the server they were started, and the logs show no errors.

Any reason why swat is not showing me that the samba processes are running?

C. J. Keist                     Email: cj.keist at colostate.edu
Systems Group Manager           Solaris 10 OS (SAI)
Engineering Network Services    Phone: 970-491-0630
College of Engineering, CSU     Fax:   970-491-5569
Ft. Collins, CO 80523-1301

All I want is a chance to prove 'Money can't buy happiness'