[Samba] LDAP authentication doesn't refresh

tony archibald tony at dutyfreestores.com.au
Sun Nov 27 18:48:18 MST 2011

Hi - I have solved this or probably better put understand it better now.

the issues is that samba seems to open a service even when a user is denied
access to the shared directory represented by that service

So if user jtony who is not a member of group hamcity tries to access
/server/hamcity, jtony will be denied access.

But running >smbstatus shows that this service is now is connected, even
tho the user jtony cannot have access to it.

What then seems to be true is that while that service is open samba won't
recheck the users credentials for changes.

if you close the service

>./smbcontrol <pid> close-share hamcity

then smbd WILL ask for the users *nix credentials, when jtony tries to
connect again. If changes have taken place to group membership  then these
will be reflected in sambas response.

Thanks Tony