[Samba] mount.cifs doesn't set uid/gid when mounting a Samba share

Konstantin Boyandin lists at boyandin.name
Sun Nov 20 23:11:15 MST 2011

Hello,

So far, I was using the following command to mount a Samba share on my
Fedora-powwered computer

UID=`whoami`
GID=`id -g ${UID}`
sudo mount.cifs sharename mount  \
  -o
rw,domain=DOMAIN,user=${UID},uid=${UID},gid=${GID},file_mode=0644,dir_mode=0755

and everything worked until I installed Fedora 16 with Samba client
version 3.6.1. Now the uid/gid are ignored, all the objects in the
mounted share belong to root:root.

The same problem was confirmed for Samba 3.5.11.

The server Samba version remained the same and is 3.5.6

Is this problem known and if yes, how to handle it? Adding forceuid
and/or forcegid options doesn't help.

Thanks.
Sincerely,
Konstantin