[Samba] Samba-3.6.1 release IPV6 issue

Prashant Kashyap pkashyap at ikanos.com
Wed Nov 16 22:25:37 MST 2011

Hi David,

   Following are the steps I used:

On the Device

1>     Assign a IPv6 address to the interface

2000::2

2>     Open the 445 port using telnetd. After opening it is listening at
ipv6 iaddress.

3>     Run smbd

smbd  -s smb.conf

On the Windows 7 PC

1>     Assign a IPv6 address to interface 2000::1

2>     Try to connect using

\\2000--2.ipv6-literal.net\public

Or using mapping option

After doing this I can see the connection is established using netstat
cmd on the device and PC. But after some times it returns an error on PC

"mapped network drive could not be created because of the following
error occurred: The specified network name is no longer available"

Please note that I am able to access it with ipv4 address and also ping
is working for ipv6 address.

I am also attaching the smb.conf file which I am using.

Regards,

Prashant