[Samba] Problem building Samba 3.6.1 RPMs on CentOS 5.5 x86_64 (mount.cifs isn't built)

Boyandin Konstantin lists at boyandin.name
Thu Nov 17 00:09:06 MST 2011

Hello,

I am trying to build Samba 3.6.1 on 64-bit CentOS 5.5.

I have navigated to packaging/RHEL and made changes to it I had to do to build 3.5.6.and 3.5.8 versions earlier.

In the diff below samba.spec.0 is the samba.spec supplied with Samba 3.6.1 source distribution, samba.spec - the one I patched to be able to build RPMs on CentOS:

$ diff samba.spec.0 samba.spec

------------------ diff below
31c31
< BuildRequires: pam-devel, readline-devel, fileutils, libacl-devel, openldap-devel, krb5-devel, cups-devel, keyutils-devel
---
> BuildRequires: pam-devel, readline-devel, fileutils, libacl-devel, openldap-devel, krb5-devel, cups-devel, keyutils-libs-devel
164a165,166
> 	--with-cifsmount \
> 	--with-cifsumount \
418a421
> %{_mandir}/man5/pam_winbind.conf.5.gz
462a466
> /usr/share/locale/de/LC_MESSAGES/net.mo
463a468
> %{_includedir}/wbc_async.h

This time building failed: mount.cifs wasn't built. May I ask for a piece of advice - how to build RPMs properly?

Thanks.
Sincerely,
Konstantin