[Samba] samba with ldap+TLS

Willy Offermans Willy at Offermans.Rompen.nl
Fri Nov 11 04:16:33 MST 2011

Dear Bruno, Steve and Samba Friends,

If I recall correctly, it is the username used to start smbd, which needs a ldaprc file with
apropriate settings. In my case this is root and the file looks like:

#
# User specific LDAP settings
#

# Override global directive (if set)
TLS_REQCERT demand

# client authentication
TLS_CERT /root/root.mydomain.com.pem
TLS_KEY /root/keys/root.mydomain.com.key

But you have to adapt it to your own needs.

I hope this helps.

On Mon, Nov 07, 2011 at 06:24:42PM +0100, Bruno MACADRE wrote:
> Hi,
>
>     No, you don't need CA certificate on win clients 'cause they
> don't connect directly to the LDAP. Only your Samba server need CA
> certificate to connect to the LDAP using TLS.
>
>     Regards,
>     Bruno
>
> Le 07/11/2011 18:18, steve a écrit :
> >Hi
> >
> >I know Linux clients need a CA certificate to authenticate via LDAP using TLS.
> >What about win 7 and XP clients using a Samba server?
> >
> >Thanks
> >Steve
>
> --

Met vriendelijke groeten,