[Samba] Simple doubt regarding smbconf file.

nishant mungse nishantmungse at gmail.com
Thu Nov 3 00:09:20 MDT 2011

Hi,

I have very silly doubt regarding samba,i am confused but want to know the
correct answer.
My doubt is, when we write in /etc/samba/smbconf file for example,

[ubuntu]
   comment = base_ubuntu
   path = /var/lib/lxc/base/rootfs/exports
   read only = No
   create mask = 0750
   directory mask = 0750

And when i do */home/nishant/Desktop/samba-4.0.0alpha15/bin/smbtorture
//localhost/ubuntu  -Ubase_system%nishant raw.write
*
does this means that the *write test* such as "testing zero write","testing
small writes","testing big write",etc.* are performed on the folder
provided in "path" given in smbconf file?*

And another doubt is, if suppose i want to* run smbtorture on different path
* but *with same share*, do i need to *write this(as shown above) multiple
times in smbconf file?*

And what for *comment* in smbconf file is used?

Please help me ASAP.

Regards,
Nishant Mungse