[Samba] Windows cannot sync Roaming Profiles

Ryan Leimenstoll ryanl1245 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 28 06:56:17 MDT 2011

Hello all, I am have a Samba4 server configured with as a Domain Controller
with a profiles share, and permissions are set to 0777 for experimental
purposes. Currently, the Windows machines will refuse to write changes to
the roaming profile on the server, and the returned error is the request is
not supported. It only seems to have this problem when dealing with files,
not directories. Mac OS X (so presumably any unix based client) has no
problem writing changes to the share, so I am trying to figure out how to
allow Windows to write changes during logout. Thanks for any help!