[Samba] Auth problem

blub at trans.am blub at trans.am
Fri Mar 25 04:42:26 MDT 2011

Hello

I've got a problem with users from a Winxp client authenticating to a
debian 6 (samba 3.5.6~dfsg-3squeeze2) domain member. The PDC runs samba
3.5.4.
The domain is called SBS.

In the debug log of the debian box, the PDC seems to answer correct to the
auth request but the on the Winxp client I still get prompted for a
username/password...

The winxp client is a member of SBS and called blubber, the debian6 box is
called print-new and the PDC is called SBS_PDC

Attached are the logs and smb.conf's

thanks in advance & regards