[Samba] cache_traverse_validate_fn: key length too large

Richard Smits R.Smits at tudelft.nl
Fri Mar 25 05:49:16 MDT 2011

Hello,

We are currently installing Redhat v6, and came accross some weird
behaviour from winbind. We are member of many groups in our AD. When we
try to login with pam enabled access we get the following messages :
--
cache_traverse_validate_fn: key length too large: (1534) > (1024)
or

When we run winbind without cache "-n" the messages are gone, but then
it is much slower.

What does these messages mean ? Can someone explain this ?

Greetings .. Richard Smits