[Samba] new created files belong to root instead samba user

Chris Smith smb_77 at chrissmith.org
Thu Mar 24 11:16:40 MDT 2011

On Thu, Mar 24, 2011 at 12:05 PM, Werner Durgarten
<wernerdurgarten at gmx.de> wrote:
> i just noticed, that files that are created by any samba user who is in the "admin users" list, belong to root in the unix filesystem. This is not what i want. Are there any other options to allow sb. else than the fileowner to change file permissions (via samba connection)?

man smb.conf
admin users - This is a list of users who will be granted
administrative privileges on the share. This means that they will do
all file operations as the super-user (root).

I run several samba servers and none use an "admin users" list.
Rights/privileges, file permissions, acls, share permissions, etc. can
avoid the need to use "admin users".

Chris