[Samba] problems with passwd program =

TAKAHASHI Motonobu monyo at monyo.com
Fri Mar 18 22:10:32 MDT 2011

From: "sisu ." <npillao at hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2011 10:38:26 +0000

> I was trying to adapt the perl script smbldap-passwd to allow to my
> clients to change his/her password in another application of my
> company. Seems that the smbldap-passwd is not executed and I do not
> know why.

> the configuration I use is below:
>
>     encrypt passwords = yes
>     ldap password sync = Yes
>     passwd chat debug = yes
>     passwd level = 2
>     passwd program =  /usr/sbin/smbldap-passwd -s %u
>     passwd chat = *old*password* %o\n *new*password* %n\n *new*password* %n\n *changed*

If you set "ldap password sync = yes", Samba directly changes
userPassword attribute and any script defined at "passwd program" is
never called.

To change LDAP password with a script such as smbldap-passwd, try to
set "unix password sync = yes" and to remove "ldap password sync = yes".

---
TAKAHASHI Motonobu <monyo at monyo.com>