[Samba] problems with passwd program =

sisu . npillao at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 18 04:38:26 MDT 2011

Hi all !

I was trying to adapt the perl script smbldap-passwd to allow to my clients to change his/her password in another application of my company. Seems that the smbldap-passwd is not executed and I do not know why. Currently they are able to change the password but for sure it is not through smbldap-passwd since I added a flag line on this script to check it as system('touch test');  after to change the password through windows xp box the test file is not created on the samba server /usr/sbin.

the configuration I use is below:

    encrypt passwords = yes
    ldap password sync = Yes
    passwd chat debug = yes
    passwd level = 2
    passwd program =  /usr/sbin/smbldap-passwd -s %u
    passwd chat = *old*password* %o\n *new*password* %n\n *new*password* %n\n *changed*

Does anyone understand why smbldap-passwd is not invoked and why instead of that is invoked passwd?

I will appreciate so much any help and thoughts :)

Thank you so much in advance !