[Samba] Samba PDC adding new user, profile dir is not created

Bruce Richardson itsbruce at workshy.org
Wed Mar 16 04:50:44 MDT 2011

On Wed, Mar 16, 2011 at 11:09:59AM +0100, J. Echter wrote:
> Hi,
>
> i have a Samba PDC (no LDAP) and added add user script to my config.
>
> I can create the user with no problems, login is possible but the
> /home/samba/profile/user dir is not created.

It'll be created automatically when the user first logs in, if you have
the right permissions on the profile share.  It is possible to set the
permissions/acls such that this doesn't allow users to read or interfere
with each other's profiles.

You only need to create it yourself if you want to preload it with some
data.  Is this what you need to do?

--
Bruce

Bitterly it mathinketh me, that I spent mine wholle lyf in the lists
against the ignorant.  -- Roger Bacon, "Doctor Mirabilis"