[Samba] Samba PDC adding new user, profile dir is not created

J. Echter j.echter at elektro-mayer-echter.de
Wed Mar 16 05:16:52 MDT 2011

Am 16.03.2011 11:50, schrieb Bruce Richardson:
> On Wed, Mar 16, 2011 at 11:09:59AM +0100, J. Echter wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> i have a Samba PDC (no LDAP) and added add user script to my config.
>>
>> I can create the user with no problems, login is possible but the
>> /home/samba/profile/user dir is not created.
> It'll be created automatically when the user first logs in, if you have
> the right permissions on the profile share.  It is possible to set the
> permissions/acls such that this doesn't allow users to read or interfere
> with each other's profiles.
>
> You only need to create it yourself if you want to preload it with some
> data.  Is this what you need to do?

no, i want to have a profile dir created when a new created user logs
in. that's it. :)

in my setup it doesnt get created.

permission:

drwxrwxrwx  4 root   root    4096 Feb 12 10:51 samba
drwxrwxrwx 16 root   root   4096 Mar 16 11:50 profile

should be working for automagic creation.

is there an special option on that?