[Samba] Printer drivers installation: files are not deleted

Tue Mar 15 06:09:16 MDT 2011

Am 14.03.2011 09:04, schrieb Laurent Blume:
> Le 13.03.2011 22:37, Thomas Stegbauer a écrit :
>> i have a similar problem, here.
>> When trying to add a new printer via apw from a winXP32, the driver
>> files get copied over to print$ on the ubuntu 10.04 Server (Samba 3.4.7)
>> afterwards it says "Permission denied" And the driver get not
>> registered.
>
> I think thatś most probably a permission issue on the server. Does the
> user you connect with have printer administrator privilege? Ie, member
> of the printadm group or similar?
>
>> Where do you geht the filenames, the drivers needs?
>> as i cant use rpcclient to register the drivers from commandline.
>
> I followed the documentation on that: I install them on a clean test
> system (win7 x64), then extract the list of files and the files
> themselves using rpcclient. That part works.
>
> Laurent

hi laurent,

i cant imagin, where this permission is set.

1. i apply the driver via apw from windows xp32 as root
2. net rpc rights list root
         Enter root's password:
     SePrintOperatorPrivilege
3. i can was able to upload the driver for
     "HP Color LaserJet PS"

     but i cant upload
         Kyocera 5350 UPD or KX driver
     also not