[Samba] PDC and BDC... what about de shared folders??

Daniel Müller mueller at tropenklinik.de
Sun Mar 13 05:14:23 MDT 2011

On Fri, 11 Mar 2011 11:05:59 -0600, Bayardo Rivas - Open Soluciones
Hi,
with a bdc you will only have a authentication nothing else.
You have to have the same shares  on both pdc and bdc and have them sync
in realtime (drbd master/master or something cluster)
to keep the data for the users up.
My experencies in production PDC/LDAP BDC/LDAP are that if you do not have
a replicating wins on both. It could be when the pdc (or bdc) failes
a couple of users can login the other (who where logged on to the pc) need
to rejoin the machnie to the domain). Samba4wins will do that job.

Good Luck
Daniel

http://www.samba.org/samba/docs/man/Samba-HOWTO-Collection/samba-bdc.html