[Samba] PDC and BDC... what about de shared folders??

Bayardo Rivas - Open Soluciones bayardo.rivas at opensoluciones.com
Fri Mar 11 10:05:59 MST 2011

Hi,

i am new in the mailing list. I am trying to figure out my
configuration. I have a Samba server authenticating with /etc/passwd. We
are planing to move to LDAP and install a BDC server. The information I
found googleing is always related to BDC as a backup for authentication
but, I am not clear about the files stored in shared folders.

I am reading (everybody recomend it) this book and the number 5 specific
chapter
http://www.samba.org/samba/docs/man/Samba-HOWTO-Collection/samba-bdc.html

As said, I am not sure how to give access to the shared folders (stored
in PDC) when it fails, because I suppose that users will authenticate
with the BDC server, and What about the shared folders?? Do I have to
sync this folders and add in the configuration of BDC the shared folders??

Thanks for your help.

Bayardo.