[Samba] Sharing a caching NFS mount with samba?

Andrew Wilkinson drukargin at gmail.com
Thu Mar 3 15:24:55 MST 2011

I am trying to set up a caching link between two points, that can be shared
with windows and *nix.  In both locations, I have linux-based servers with
data, which have caching NFS mounts (that is, mount -t nfs -o fsc, with
cachefilesd).  These mounts are working correctly and I have tested the
cache locally to much success.

What I have not been able to get working is sharing those mounts with
Windows-based workstations via samba.  When I access a samba share of the
NFS mount, windows clients *can* correctly access the data; however, they
fetch the original file from the origin server every time, apparently
bypassing the NFS cache.

Does anyone know how I can avoid this behavior?

Thanks,

-Andy