[Samba] Access to a share resource without password

J. L. Cabral jelocabral at gmail.com
Tue Mar 1 08:53:03 MST 2011

See inline please:

> if security isn't in your testparm, them something is odd with how you
> entered it.  I think user is the default, test with this:
> testparm -v | grep security

        security = USER
        paranoid server security = Yes
        security mask = 0777
        force security mode = 00
        directory security mask = 0777
        force directory security mode = 00

> Also check your guest settings, this will show what account samba will
> use for anonymous access, among other things:
> testparm -v | grep guest

        map to guest = Bad User
        guest account = nobody
        usershare allow guests = No
        guest only = No
        guest ok = No
        guest ok = Yes

> Make sure the account listed can access the directory you are sharing,
> or use "force user" to override the shares filesystem access, which is
> what the howto does.

drwxrwxrwx  nobody nobody /var/share

> Also, i never use smbusers file for anything, ever.  I find that it
> only adds confusion.

But the tutorial you show me points:

username map = /etc/samba/smbusers

I repeat my smb.conf file:

[global]
        workgroup = CASA
        interfaces = lo eth0
        map to guest = Bad User
        security = user
        passdb backend = tdbsam
        username map = /etc/samba/smbusers

[grabar]
        comment = File share
        path = /var/share
        borowseable = yes
        read only = No
        create mask = 0700
        directory mask = 0700
        guest ok = Yes

And the NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED listing \* error appear again !!!

Any other idea please ??? Thanks and sorry for interrupting you...

JeLo