[Samba] filesystem of choice?

Charles Weber chaweber at gmail.com
Sat Jun 25 18:48:03 MDT 2011

I have a ~100 TB multi server multi SAN XFS/Samba deployment and have been
using it since early fedora core days. EXT4 is now where I would consider
using it instead of XFS. But with XFS and LVM I have trivial and very quick
formatting, partition resizing and partition duplicating. It has been great.
I would like some of the ZFS/BTRFS or GFS2 advantages but hey on a UPS, XFS
just works and it is proven.