[Samba] Braindead Autoreply filters...

Fri Jun 10 13:09:25 MDT 2011

On 2011-06-10 2:00 PM, Doug Lytle <support at drdos.info> wrote:
> Ryan Novosielski wrote:
>> It's not clear to me... are ALL autoresponders "braindead" or are there
>> some that don't notice it's a mailing list contacting them?

> Some auto-responders look at the to: field and if it's not directly sent
> to the recipient's address (i.e. samba at lists.samba.org) then it won't
> respond.

That is just one of many criteria a non-brain-dead auto-responder uses
to decide when it will or will not reply to an email...

The presence of any one of a dozen or so headers (list-*,
precedence-bulk, etc) should not trigger a reply. Also, it should only
reply once to the same sender within a given time period (RFC suggests 7
days, but our boss insists on 24 hours.

--

Best regards,

Charles