[Samba] Access rights from ACLs not honored when setting file attributes?

Wed Jun 1 10:40:49 MDT 2011

Finally! Many thanks, that did it.

The option 'store dos attributes' was not enabled. After I did enable it
everything works as expected.

I did just a little research on 3 servers here and this is the result:
on samba 3.2.5 the problem dose not show up if 'store dos attributes' is
disabled. However on samba 3.5.6 and 3.5.8 this option is definitely
required for my setup. I must have missed somewhere between samba
version 3.2.5 and 3.5.6 that this option became mandatory for my kind of
setup, shame on me.

You saved my weekend which starts right now!

Felix