[Samba] Single sign on nivana

Dermot paikkos at googlemail.com
Wed Jun 1 09:21:53 MDT 2011

Thanks but I am not sure that I have made myself clear.

I want to remove Windows NT from my production environment. I would
like to use Samba as the PDC with ldap backend and some replication.
So far in tests this all works EG, Window7 and WinXP can authenticate.

I have one more thing I would like to achieve. I want files on the
Samba member server to be owned by the domain user without having to
add each domain user locally to the member server's /etc/passwd file.

I don't think the articles you have suggested address how to do that.
Dp.