[Samba] Single sign on nivana

Dermot paikkos at googlemail.com
Wed Jun 1 05:03:58 MDT 2011

Hi,

I have Samba 3.5.6 that is running as a PDC for testing purposes. In
my production environment I still use a NT4 domain and all the samba
member server use domain security. One of the irritations I have with
the Samba members set-up is that I have to add the users to the local
server so that files created by a domain user are owned by them and
not the guest account. Ideally I would like to add the users to the
PDC alone and then if a domain user creates a file on a member server,
when I viewed those file, either from a windows machine or from a
shell on the member server, I could see who they belong to. I'm sure
that there is a means of doing this, but I get gleam it from the docs.
Can anyone advise me on the configuration I would need?

Thank you,
Dermot.