[Samba] How to disable password caching in windows client

Yu Liao liaoyu17 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 19 04:38:13 MDT 2011

Hi,

I want to input user name and password every time I access the share, so I
want to disable password caching in windows client. I google to find there
is a way to modify the windows registry. But it does not work on windows
2003. Is there another way to disable password caching in winXP, win7, 2003
and 2008?

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Network\DisablePwdCaching
= 1

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Network\DisablePwdCaching
= 1

--
Best Regards.
Yu Liao