[Samba] Setting ACL permissions from Windows

parker support at pegmicro.com
Mon Jan 31 19:47:16 MST 2011

I know I have seen something on this list about this very topic, but I don't
remember a solution posted. I have a Samba server joined to a Windows 2003
domain. On the Samba machine wbinfo -u and -g successfully gets me user and
group lists from the AD machine. Getent passwd and getent user both return
information from the domain, but I still can't Set permissions. I have tried
to create directories under the main share using windows. That works, but
when I try to set their permissions I get "Unable to save permission changes
on (folder). The
parameter is incorrect."