[Samba] BDC Server Settings Doubts?

Daniel Müller mueller at tropenklinik.de
Mon Jan 31 01:42:20 MST 2011

What about your testparm. It should look like this:
Server role: ROLE_DOMAIN_BDC  <--------------This is important to work as
bdc

If you have a winsserver setup "your wins" all clients will lookup the wins,
if you have
Point it to use your pdc for wins in there network settings.
To have a real wins substitute running you should install samba4wins working
for me with repl
And sec. wins on pdc and bdc.
When you watch your clients log on you would see that they are more log on
to the bdc than the pdc.
So watch out to keep your users data in sync.

EDV Daniel Müller

Leitung EDV
Tropenklinik Paul-Lechler-Krankenhaus
Paul-Lechler-Str. 24