[Samba] BDC Server Settings Doubts?

Alberto Moreno portsbsd at gmail.com
Mon Jan 31 00:54:47 MST 2011

  Hi people.

  I have finally my PDC+BDC running with LDAP+replicaon different subnets.

  My doubts are simple, I want to understand a little more about BDC.
  My network is this:

   Domaine Name=DOMA
   Networks:NET-A 192.168.40.0/24
                 NET-B  192.168.50.0/24
   PDC=192.168.40.2
   BDC=192.168.50.2 wins server = PDC

   As u can see, both serves exist on different subnets,I want to save
bandwidth,this is the reason I setup a BDC in my other network, now,
what are the correct settings for the network browser for my BDC:

        preferred master = No (Just the PDC)
        wins server = 192.168.40.2  (PDC IP)
        wins support = No  (Just the PDC=yes)
        domain logons = Yes
        domain master = No   (This just for the PDC)
        local master = Yes   ??????

   This are right for my BDC?, every time I setup a BDC on different
subnet do I have to use local master = Yes? or this wouldn't make any
difference?

   Samba 3.3.x Centos 5.5.

  Thanks!!!
--