[Samba] Permission to access shared folders on XP client

Alex Crow acrow at integrafin.co.uk
Fri Jan 21 05:52:33 MST 2011

On 20/01/11 17:14, PedroTron wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I have a samba PDC on lenny, using roaming profiles.
>
> All work fine, but i have a question.
>
> Some station need share folders with others station, but i dont know how to
> permit access only to some users to that shared folders.
>
> All the permission work fine on the samba shared folders, for group users;
> but if i need share from XP, the users cant access to that.
>
> By Example: An user in the Human resources dept need share some local
> folders only for the same dept users.  How can i permit that from samba?
>
> I cant create local users to manage the permission, because all use roaming
> profiles, so i cant depend of the local users.
>
> Thanks and regards.

In that case why not use the Domain users/groups to assign the
permissions to said shares? They should still be available on the XP
machines.

Alex

--
This message is intended only for the addressee and may contain
confidential information.  Unless you are that person, you may not

"Transact" is operated by Integrated Financial Arrangements plc
Domain House, 5-7 Singer Street, London  EC2A 4BQ
Tel: (020) 7608 4900 Fax: (020) 7608 5300
(Registered office: as above; Registered in England and Wales under number: 3727592)
Authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority (entered on the FSA Register; number: 190856)