[Samba] MS Access

compdoc compdoc at hotrodpc.com
Thu Jan 13 07:39:55 MST 2011

>> What version of Access?  I find that, in general Office 2003 plays a
little nicer with Samba than Office 2007 (Office likes to change file perms
on files.)

Office 2000 - ack!

>> Does Microsoft even supply security patches for Windows 2000 anymore?

No new patches. But you can patch daylight savings. The server is in a
protected environment, so not too much of an issue.

No need for 64-bit either, although if I went with nix I'd use 64-bit for
sure. Fedora wouldn't be out of the question...

It's just file locking issues I worry about...