[Samba] MS Access

compdoc compdoc at hotrodpc.com
Thu Jan 13 05:24:05 MST 2011

I need to have a server built and ready to install by this weekend, and I'm
trying to decide whether to use the customer's copy of Windows 2000 Server,
or Ubuntu or Centos. I think Ubuntu would have a newer version of samba.

The problem is, for this one server, about 20 users hammer MS Access
databases all day, and samba seems to have had issues with Access in the
past. Is that still the case?

The old server is dying, and they own Windows 2000 Server so it won't cost
them $$ to continue using the OS, but it cannot take advantage of newer
hardware/technologies, so its slower.

Thanks for any info...