[Samba] Remote connection to Samba service doesn't work

Mateusz Szymaniec revan.pl at gmail.com
Mon Jan 3 02:51:58 MST 2011

No, it's not.
And as I've said I'm already using Samba shares from a two different
servers on my Windows 7. I've already tried to change Windows settings
via local policies and registry. No effect. Windows says it can't find
the specified network name, smbclient on cygwin can't even open a
connection. Just like there's a magical firewall blocking just the
samba. There is no single log with my ip in it.
Is there any simple way to test the connection itself? By telnet or
sending just one packet, perhaps?
You can try the host yourself, it's "revik.one.pl", ip 88.198.15.203.
Samba is currently up and running. Even a successful connection try
would tell something.