[Samba] samba4, GPO and SYSVOL permissions errors

Michael Wood esiotrot at gmail.com
Wed Jan 5 12:10:03 MST 2011

Hi

samba-technical is a better place for this while samba 4 is still in
Alpha.  I have copied my reply there.

On 5 January 2011 11:50, Leo Lutz <skeemer at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm getting an interesting problem. I can create/rename/delete/edit policies,
> but I can't change the security filtering or delegation settings.
>
> When I first open any policy, I get the following:
>
> "The permissions for this GPO in the SYSVOL folder are inconsistent with those
> in Active Directory. It is recommended that these permissions be consistent.
> To change the SYSVOL permissions to those in Active Directory, click OK."
>
> So I click OK and I get "Access is denied."
>
> The error I get in samba.log follows:
>
> [Wed Jan  5 18:34:18 2011 PWT, 0
> ../ntvfs/posix/pvfs_acl.c:567:pvfs_access_check_unix()]
> ../ntvfs/posix/pvfs_acl.c:567 denied access to
> '/var/lib/samba/sysvol/pcd.example.com/Policies/
> {3D1F2B0A-B0F7-44C1-BA1A-2C5D03DFC0ED}' -
> wanted 0x00060000 but got 0xfef3ffff (missing 0x00040000)
>
> How do I fix this?

What version of Samba 4 is that?

Have you tried increasing the debug level to see if it gives you more
information?

What ACLs do you have on the Policies directory?

--
Michael Wood <esiotrot at gmail.com>