[Samba] Promote samba-3 BDC to PDC

Matthias Grimm mgr at renzel.it
Wed Jan 5 05:59:45 MST 2011

Hi,

We have an old domain with a samba-3 PDC and LDAP backend in our HQ and
two BDC in our branch offices.
Since we don't use the domain in our HQ anymore and one of the branches
will be moved to our new domain (2003/2008) I'm thinking about
decomissioning the PDC and promote both BDCs as PDC for their branch
offices and networks.
I would also get rid of LDAP. Changing the backend to tdbsam and
converting the data with pdbedit isn't that problem but how to do it all
without impact? :)

Cheers

Matthias

--
---
Matthias Grimm

Systemadministrator

VKF Renzel GmbH, Im Geer 15, D-46419 Isselburg
Fon: +49-2874-910-323
mailto:mgr at renzel.it / http://www.vkf-renzel.de

Rechtsform: GmbH, Sitz: Isselburg, AG Coesfeld, HRB 8004,
Geschaeftsfuehrer: Heinz Renzel, Ansgar Huegging, Joachim Ostendorf

Five exclamation marks, the sure sign of an insane mind.
(Terry Pratchett)

<Aoi-chan>  everyone's first vi session. ^C^C^X^X^X^XquitqQ!qdammit[esc]qwertyuiopasdfghjkl;:xwhat