[Samba] A device attached to the system is not functioning - When adding a computer to the domain

Mon Jan 3 06:13:47 MST 2011

On Mon, Jan 03, 2011 at 07:57:35AM -0500, Chris Beach wrote:
> I wanted to send this out a 2nd (and last) time.. I got suggestions not to
> use BLAH.COM and to use BLAH instead for my domain name, however I don't
> think that's causing my problem as it's been this way for 6 years? Any way I
> still can't add machines to my domain and am fairly panicked (this is
> production, 140~ users).
>
> Any other suggestions?

If you're 100% sure that you don't have nscd running, this
might be a case sensivity bug. I think we fixed that some
time ago. We used to not try the case-insensitive search in
all cases. Please try 3.5.6.

With best regards,

Volker Lendecke

phone: +49-551-370000-0, fax: +49-551-370000-9