[Samba] FW: making BDC samba + ldap server

Daniel Müller mueller at tropenklinik.de
Sat Feb 26 13:16:25 MST 2011

HI,
I have a samba/pdc/ldap and a courier/ladp host working fine.
The pdc is the master ldap the courier/ldap is the slave.
No problems! single sign on for windows and outlook (Same user same
password!)
If it is from interest I can post my setup and relations.

On Sat, 26 Feb 2011 10:13:22 -0500, "Gaiseric Vandal"
<gaiseric.vandal at gmail.com> wrote:
> Is this Samba 3 or Samba 4?
>

> If samba 3, which ldap server are you using>
>

> What is the mail server?  Does the mail server have its own LDAP server
> included it or is also using an external LDAP server.
>

> If you want replication between LDAP servers, they should be the same
type
> of LDAP server (e.g. OpenLDAP or Apache Directory Server or Oracle
> Directory
> Server.)   If you have one type of LDAP server for Samba and one type of
> LDAP server for Mail, you will not be easily able to replicate.
>

> If you are using Samba 3, you have a selection of LDAP servers you could
> use.  The mail server will determine if which LDAP works for mail, and
> whether you can share the LDAP server between mail and samba.

Samba?

http://blog.suretecsystems.com/archives/129-Replacing-Slurpd-using-OpenLDAP-