[Samba] FW: making BDC samba + ldap server

Gaiseric Vandal gaiseric.vandal at gmail.com
Sat Feb 26 08:13:22 MST 2011

Is this Samba 3 or Samba 4?

If samba 3, which ldap server are you using>

What is the mail server?  Does the mail server have its own LDAP server
included it or is also using an external LDAP server.

If you want replication between LDAP servers, they should be the same type
of LDAP server (e.g. OpenLDAP or Apache Directory Server or Oracle Directory
Server.)   If you have one type of LDAP server for Samba and one type of
LDAP server for Mail, you will not be easily able to replicate.

If you are using Samba 3, you have a selection of LDAP servers you could
use.  The mail server will determine if which LDAP works for mail, and
whether you can share the LDAP server between mail and samba.