[Samba] Samba with multiple domains with LDAP backend

Gaiseric Vandal gaiseric.vandal at gmail.com
Thu Feb 24 14:56:45 MST 2011

You should create a distinct smb.conf for each domain.  You will want to
allocate a unique IP on your server for each domain.  You will want to
allocate a unique ldap toplevel container for each domain.  You will need to
run separate instances of smbd (and nmbd and winbindd ) for each domain-
you can specify the config file that you want.

You will also need to have separate shares and local unix user and groups
for each samba domain.

It may be easier, depending on what you are doing, to create separate
virtual machines (e.g. with Vmware ESX)  for each domain and truly isolate
each samba domain.