[Samba] Settings ACLS from Windows via member server

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Tue Feb 22 12:31:16 MST 2011

On Tue, Feb 22, 2011 at 2:23 PM,  <tms3 at tms3.com> wrote:

> Do you have acls set on the file system for the member servers? Winbind is
> for authentication purposes, not files system acls.
>
> Without winbind I did not get users names in the ACLs tab under
> windwows? Do you get these?

BTW, for this comment I mean when a Windows PC connects to a samba
domain member server the ACLs tab displays SIDs instead of usernames.
On the PDC/BDC winbind is not needed for the display of user names in
the ACLs tab. In either case winbind has nothing to do with the
functionality of the acls. They still would work without winbind but
you just cant tell who has access writes that is unless you memorized
the SIDs...

--
John M. Drescher